Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just wanted to share some moments

The word of the post is chiave, meaning key, as in "Oh where oh where is my chiave?"

The Collins
Us
 We quickly made friends with another couple new to Italy, the Collins, upon arriving in Italy.  So far we traveled to Barcelona and Austria with them and Eileen and I often make day trips while the boys are wasting the day with working. Well, one day a group of us traveled to all the new people’s new homes (not mine I don’t have one yet) and Eileen realized she was missing her key. She went back through her day and came to the conclusion that her key was locked in their apartment and that it was the only perceivable way back into her apartment. Luckily, her husband, Whit, had left the windows to their apartment opened, because we decided that was our only other way in. We were able to collect ladders from various vendors, stack them up, and cajole poor Mikey (one of the group and a real trooper) up into the window of the apartment. I tried to reassure the locals that everything would be fine, but honestly I could barely watch as Mikey scaled the two stories on precariously placed ladders. After he realized the balcony door was not open, Mikey found success through a window. It turns out, however, Eileen did not leave her keys in the apartment…






Eileen accompanied me on a trip to look at a potential rental house. We waited at a meeting spot in this little quaint town, which was pretty far from my goal location. When the lady, let’s call her Cindy, did not appear, I called her home phone. Her husband answered and because we only shared the common language of Italian, it took some time to get across that I needed his wife’s cell phone number. I finally communicated with Cindy and we decided that we should meet at the rental home’s address.  I pulled onto the street and waited for about 15 minutes when Cindy called and asked where I was. I told her “at the house.” She then said she was also at the house. This was perplexing as we did not see each other. I confirmed the address and she answered “why are you at my house?” Apparently I put in her real estate address (which was her actual home) and not the rental address. I had also backed into the driveway. I could not have looked creepier if I tried. Luckily, this was not the house for me.

Nothing to do with the story but I wanted to share-Toga Party!



No comments:

Post a Comment