Randy and I have been officially homeless for over a week now. We
started our cross country journey on Friday and made it to Tallahassee
30 hours later. It was quite brutal, but Randy and I wanted to make up
for lost time (negative shout out to a certain MPF personnel) so we
stopped only to relieve and refill, and only at the same time. Although
we are soon to be citizens of the world, I have had a limited amount of
time to reflect on our latest home. My retrospection brought up some
great memories of Arizona and I wanted to share some highlights of the
last year.
Over Labor Day weekend several of us rented a houseboat on Lake Mojave in Nevada. The views were amazing and we had plenty of quality time together cliff diving, wake boarding, and drinking franzia...
 |
| The view of Lake Mojave. |
 |
You know you have a problem when a person becomes the captain of the ship just because he dons a captain's hat.
After I took the Arizona Bar, my mom and sister came to visit.
We took a hot air balloon ride over Sedona to celebrate my mom's birthday. |
 |
Right before we went over Sedona in a hot air balloon. The fear is kickin in.
|
 |
| The view over Sedona via hot air balloon |
|
|
|
While it might not be Barcelona, we did see crazies run with bulls in Scottsdale, AZ. They didn't look so big to us, but at the same time we weren't going in there.
Randy and I went to Sedona and the Grand Canyon over a long weekend. We hiked in and out of mountains and canyons. Besides the scenery, the best part of the trip was our photo shoots. Warning: some pictures are not what they appear.
 |
| This is the closest to the edge I would get. |
 |
| Hanging by a thread? |
 |
| Randy Rambo and the Grand Canyon |
 |
| An Indigenous Sedona Snake |
 |
Canyon Cartwheelin

Randy is all grown up. He has graduated and now is a big F-16 pilot. His proud parents were able to visit.
During graduation week the family was given VIP treatment. I participated in what I call "Bring your wife to work day"
Arizona and the people in and connected to the 308th, were awesome. We packed so many adventures in just a short amount of time; I mean we rode balloons, saw bulls, and lived on boats. Randy and I know we would have a great experience no matter where we go, but it's nice that this assignment, like the last one, doesn't need a positive spin! Woot woot Italy. We're heading out to Italia Tuesday the 31st. We'll keep you updated!
|
I've heard about those Sedona snakes... they're sneaky.
ReplyDeleteThe blog looks pretty! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend :)
ReplyDeleteI like that rands at least wearing the freedom fest shirt in the canyon pics...
ReplyDeleteWe didn't pack very well that trip actually, so I think I wore that shirt a lot too. The same one. Ew
Delete